We are a metal fabrication facility with full machine shop capabilities, meeting the unique needs of the boiler and power generating industry. Potts specializes in the fabrication of boiler components, pressure parts, and pressure vessels to a wide range of customer specifications. From small projects to large complex components, Potts has the capability to meet your needs from engineering through final assembly.
Our company’s focus is to provide the very best in value to our customers, which includes major OEMs, Utilities, Non-Utilities, Cogeneration Facilities, Waste to Energy, Pulp & Paper Mills, Marine, Petrochemical, Sugar, and Construction
All boiler parts are fully engineered, fabricated, tested and stamped in accordance with ASME, Section I, IV, or VIII.
The following is a partial list of the services we provide:
- Hot & Cold Rotary Bends – The most common bends, in or out of plane, ½” to 4.5” OD with radii of 1 times tube diameter to 28”.
- Offset Bending – Ideal for openings in waterwalls and spacer alignment in superheaters and reheaters.
- Hot Squeeze & Size – For tube bend radii less than 1 times tube diameter.
- Panel Gang Bends – Waterwall panels can be built flat and bent as a panel, as in nose arches, coutant bottoms and package boiler walls.
Tube OD from 1” to 3.5”, can reduce the tube OD concentrically while controlling the ID (wall thickness).
Machine tube ends for field welds, including OD & ID
- GTAW, SMAW, GMAW, SAW, Combos and resistance stud welding
- Semi-Auto/Manual Tube to Tube Weld
- Semi-Auto/Manual Tube to Membrane Weld
- Semi-Auto/Manual Tube to Membrane Panel Weld
- Semi-Auto/Manual Pipe Weld
Built to suit superheaters, reheaters, economizers, modules, headers, waterwall panels, and burner panels.
Shearing – Plate cut to size and shape up to ½” thick.
Bending – Bend to configuration for wall blower/instrument boxes, pans, shields, lugs.
Burning/Plasma Cutting – For plate cut to specific shapes and configurations, lugs around bends, lifting/hanger lugs.
Membrane Sizing & Straightening – For odd size and tight tolerance membrane requirements, membrane is sized and straightened, then cut to any desired length from a coil.
Turning – Large turning capacity 84” diameter x 60” high
Large Capacity CNC Milling & Drilling – Ideal for headers and tube sheets.
HEAT TREATING/ANNEALING CAPABILITIES:
- NDE (Non-Destructive Examination)
- Hydrostatic Testing
- Magnetic Particle Testing (welding)
- Dye Penetrant Testing (bending or welding)
- Ultrasonic Thickness Testing (after bending)
- Hardness Testing (after bending, swaging, or welding)
- Radiography (x-ray)