History of Potts
Potts was founded in 1929 as a boiler repair business, servicing local schools, government facilities, and private businesses in Delaware. We incorporated in 1965 and operated essentially unchanged into the 1970s when Potts Welding capitalized on the opportunity to diversify by strategic acquisitions and internal growth.
Potts specializes in the design, fabrication, and repair of boiler related pressure parts, heat exchangers, condensers, and the sale of boiler and heat exchanger tubing.
Our facility is situated on 16.5 acres housing 180,000 square feet of manufacturing and ancillary space. Potts’ extensive parts and tubing inventory is stocked to meet customer’s daily and emergency requirements and we have shipped boiler parts to virtually every continent.
In 1999, Potts became an Employee Stock Owned Company (ESOP). During this period, the business prioritized and cultivated the manufacturing potential and started pulling away from the service industry it was founded on, focusing mainly on fabrication and manufacturing.
Since that time, we have experienced further growth and expansion resulting from continuing customer requests for additional capabilities. As other companies have been sold or closed, Potts has acquired specialized drawings, patents, and machinery through various channels. Our reputation of excellence in work, product and craftsmanship has provided the opportunity to create strategic alliances within our industry.
Our philosophy is to provide the employees of Potts a safe, stable, and secure working environment with long-term growth opportunities. It is our objective to be the premier supplier of parts and services to the markets we serve and provide the highest quality and best value in the industry